The kids started school on August 19th. Cameron is a big 9th grader at Forest High School. And Cody is a big 5th grader beginning his last year at South Ocala Elementary. What a long day! I got up at 6:10am to make sure Cameron was up for Seminary. Luckily he was, and I toasted him a waffle and dropped him off at church at 6:35, a little late of course. When I get home, I hop in the shower, since I gotta be at work at 8am on Mondays and will have to go, right after I drop Cody off at school. I get Cody up about 7:00/7:05. I get him fed, and ask Justin to pick up Cameron from Seminary (which finishes at 7:20) so he can be home to catch the bus at 8:05. I was finishing my cottage cheese and wheat thins for breakfast as Cody and I got in the car to take him to school. Suddenly I started coughing, and gagging. I thought I could calm myself down, but soon realized I couldn't. Cody is like are you ok? I said I think I gotta throw up. He said please don't throw up in the car. I had barely turned off our street when I had to turn around. I pulled in our driveway, hopped out of the car, and threw up in the grass. I ran in the house, yelling "Take Cody to school or he's gonna be late!" Justin said what's wrong? I yelled I'm gonna be sick. And I was... Now I hadn't been sick since last week, that one time. I made it off to work, and luckily wasn't too late. Then as I was trying to freshen up and brush my teeth, I ralphed some more. When I got hungry later and went to the cafeteria, I almost hurled again. Suddenly the smell of eggs and bacon, was disgusting. I held my breath, grabbed a bagel and ran to the cashier. Yep... there's a baby in there! It's starting to feel real!
The next day the kids went for their annual well-checkups. Cameron is 15, weighs 128 pounds and is 5'8". He is officially quite a bit taller than me, who is 5'3". Cody is 10, weighs 130 pounds and is 4'9.5". Dr. Velez reminded Cody about eating healthy, limiting sodas, to just occasionally, and exercising every day. Other wise he is healthy. I told him I was concerned about his penis size, and he thought it was ok, relating it to him carrying extra weight, but agreed to refer him to an endocrinologist at Shands just to be sure. I should get a call from them in about 2 weeks. I'm glad Dr. Velez didn't give me a hard time about seeing a specialist, he tends to use a wait and see approach at most things, rather than be very aggressive. Cody got the FluMist nasal spray like he usually does. I was doubtful it'd work the first time, but he's gotten for 3-4 years and never gets the flu. Cameron hates the nasal spray, and he been congested a lot lately, so he'd actually prefer the Flu shot. They didn't have any in yet. So in October I have to schedule another appointment to come back and get the shot. My boys are growing up and getting big!!
No comments:
Post a Comment