One weekend in May, Justin went to the hunting club in SC for a "Work Weekend". Part of the membership requires each member to come up several times a year prior to hunting season to clear trails of fallen trees, thin out some brush, repair blinds, put up and/or move tree stands. I don't think he is actually a member, he's Andy's guest, but he seems to think it'll get him in good with the owner, when a spot for a new member opens up. Plus, it's still a weekend away from the wife and kids, out in the woods with the men-folk. So I'm sure it's still a win-win in his eyes.
While daddy was gone, the boys and I had fun. We ventured down to The Villages. It's an entire city dedicated to people 55+. Several subdivisions, their own hospital, and tons of cool restaurants and shopping. It's all open to the public, you just can't live there. I've only been once before with Sandra. But it was so fun, I thought it'd be a fun "Date" for me and the boys. We browsed a bunch of the neat shops, like The Tervis Store. We got Papa Brent a large tervis cup that says "The Best Papa in the World" to send to him for Father's Day. Then we went to Kilwin's Chocolate Shop. They have all kinds of yummy fudge, chocolate and caramel apples and ice cream. They have pretzels, strawberries, graham crackers, marshmallows and many other yummy things dipped in chocolate. I had a root beer float and the boys got the usual cookies n' cream in a cone. We also checked out a unique shirt shop. It was similar to the Del Sol company that sell items that change color, or "appear" when exposed to UV or sunlight. We topped off the day by watching Thor in these ultra cushion-y, rocking-chair type theatre chairs. The old people are SPOILED here. The kids are also fascinated by all the golf carts here. Many are personalized with the owners names, or customized to look like expensive cars. They think it's so neat they can drive the golf carts to stores and restaurants, anywhere you'd normally drive your car, and get a space right up front. We can't wait to get OLD!
No comments:
Post a Comment