Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Seeing Progess

So much for posting once a week. Lots of changes in past few months. Started working 5 days a week instead of 3. Blah! I work as a secretary 4 days (so I can rest my foot) and still do the hearing tests on newborns once a week. The major adjustment has been that Wed-Fri it's the 3p-11p shift. I was working 11a-11p Monday nights, and it was killing me to turn around and be at work at 7am on tues, to test babies. So my boss, Nancy let me switch mon to 8a-8p. So 2 nights a week I still get to be home. Plus now that it's summer, I can see the kids more, before going to work at 3p.
About mid May I started a using an app called My Fitness Pal. I've lost 9 pounds by keeping track of exercising and not exceeding 1500 (net) calories. That's 19 pounds since last February. Losing the weight has been so hard! It took me 4 months to lose any weight at all last year. Then when I finally did, I plateaued because my foot hurt so bad, I couldn't stand to do my normal exercises: walking, elliptical, etc. I got a new bike a few months ago. I've learned to love it (to an extent) especially because I jump in the pool as soon as I'm done. I'm trying to get Cody to be my workout pal, only making him do 2 laps around the neighborhood, (1 lap is 0.6 miles). He's not a fan. Once I made him do 3 laps! He  complained the whole time! 
Change is hard, but I'm finally on the right path. I'm still chubby, but I can't imagine carrying almost 20 extra pounds.  I still need to lose about 30 more. But at least now I sleep better, have more energy, watch WAY less TV, and dropped 2 dress sizes! People are starting to notice, which makes me feel good. Go me;)

No comments: