Saturday, August 24, 2013

Just to be Sure

Friday (7/26) we planned to go out to Andy's house after Justin got off work. Cheryl and Brittany were visiting family in Tampa, so it was just us and Andy, Stu, Penny, and Terry. We played corn hole, and ate Bratwurst. I thought about letting Justin tell them I'm pregnant, but I thought Cheryl might not like being the last to know. Just before we left our house to go out there, I was putting away my things from the trip and I came across the second 88 cent pregnancy test. I decided to take it again, and see if it worked this time. It did! Whew! Still can't believe it....
That night Heather Cox posted an album of her girls clothes she was selling, on FB. I was texted Julie so she could see pix and prices. After a while it was too complicated, so I asked Heather to "friend" Julie on FB, so she could see the items, and bid first hand. On the way home from Andy's I asked Justin if I could tell Julie. He said sure. I texted her a picture of the most recent test, cause I thought the 2 lines were darker and more apparent. She goes, "Are you serious? Mine was was way fainter, is it yours?" I said, yep. She was like "what the..." Then mom started texting me to see if I had told Julie, cuz Julie was asking her if I was pregnant and she wasn't sure if she could answer yes or not. Saturday (7/27) we asked mom how to get ahold of Jenny, since she lives in China. Mom said to send her an email, asking her to skype us when she had a chance. Apparently with skype she can use her computer to call our cell phones. She is another part of China taking Mandarin lessons. I have an app on my iphone that can translate your words into many languages. It was around 10pm here, and I think around 11am in China. So I sent Jen the following email:

Wǒ huáiyùnle
In case your mandarin isn't that good yet: Jag är gravid
Call me when you get this. We're up watching a movie:)
Love, Aimee
The first phrase said "I'm pregnant" in Mandarin, the second one said it in Swedish. I was pretty sure she'd know what it meant in Swedish since she is still pretty fluent, from serving her mission there. She called us a few minutes later to congratulate us. She was surprised and excited like all of us have been. I thought it was a pretty clever way to tell her:) Now I gotta work on telling my family.
Tues (7/30) I am off today, and Sally called out of the blue. I told her and she was so excited she got kind of choked up. I hope maybe me being pregnant will give her something to be happy about and help her feel less depressed. April also called that day. Apparently she had gotten some blood work back from her doctor and some of her levels were off. He vitamin D was critically low, her Testosterone was too high, and some other things. Her dr's RN told her to call her family and get a full family history. I explained as best I could my understanding of my Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) according the book I was reading, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome: Understanding and Managing PCOS. I told her how I started having periods again, and finally started losing weight. She asked if that worked. I said I guess i did because I'm gonna have a baby. She said WHAT?? You are?! She said it was so exciting and she was so happy for me. Told her I was nervous about telling dad, and aunt Angie. I felt like they both would think it was bad timing. My dad would worry about the financial burden of starting all over, since Cameron was getting close to driving, college, etc. And I figured Angie would be disappointed that I would now have to put off going back to school to get my RN.
      Thursday (8/1) was Angie's birthday. When Angie and I were over at Nanny's house on Tuesday, doing a bunch of yard work, she suggested we all go out to lunch for Angie's birthday. We decided to meet at Mesa de Notte's. It was getting close to time for me to leave and I hadn't figured out how to work the pregnancy into the conversation. Finally as we walked out the door, and I said, OK I've got some news. Angie looked kind of alarmed, and said what it is? I made sure I put a smile on my face when I said, "I'm gonna have a baby!" So they'd know it was good news. They didn't even hesitate, both of them said, Yeah! We're gonna have a baby! I was so relieved! Angie said she couldn't wait to have another baby to play with, since it didn't look like her kids were ever going to give her any grand kids!
When I got to work I hadn't planned on telling everyone there yet. But I was defiantly thinking that I could post it on Facebook soon. Justin had told David and Bell at work on Monday. Even though I hadn't told my dad yet, he wouldn't find out before I could tell him, cuz he doesn't do computers. Angie and Nanny promised to keep the secret until my dad came back in town, and I could tell him. I really just wanted to tell Tracey Kitchen before I posted on FB (she has also struggled with infertility). In fact I was going to tell her the at church my first Sunday back, but something happened and she left early. But apparently when I got to work, I just had a giant smile on my face. I guess I was so relieved, from telling Angie my secret, and she was happy, I couldn't hide it. I walked over to Women's Surgery, and Sandra starting singing how happy she was to see me (we hadn't seen each other in weeks while we've both been on vacation). She was laughing and smiling, and I was smiling back. Then Tori said, why are so smiley. And I said, I don't know. I started thinking in my head, should I just tell them now? Which kind of made me giggle, and smile more. Sandra goes, why are you so happy? I said I don't know. By then, Pat, Margaret, and Tori, were gathered around. Sandra whispered, Are you pregnant? I nodded yes. She screamed and hugged me, and we jumped up and down. The others go, what did you say, what just happened. Sandra goes, she having a BABY! More yelling, lots of hugging everyone. Even one of the c/section patients that was out doing her laps, caught what was going on, and said congratulations! Tori said, we gotta tell Nancy. At that moment, she walked up. They go Aimee has some news. She looked at me and I just froze. Someone said she's gonna quit. Nancy face dropped, and I said No! That's not it, I'm just having a baby! She was excited, hugged me and congratulated me. Whew! One more hurdle crossed!
Next thing I know, Tori and Sandra are asking if Patty and Laura know. I said no, I hadn't planned on telling anyone today. They said, let's post it on FB. I said, No! I wanna do that. They tried Face-timing Patty, but she didn't answer. I decided to post my test on FB, before one of them did it first. I texted Justin and told him, "Kracken released! Angie and Nanny were happy. Justin: "U put on Facebook?" Me: "Yes & family site & told boss & people at work" Justin: "Released that Kracken hard core huh...."
Work was so busy, it was really annoying. Everyone new person that came up (L/D RN's or Nursery RN's, housekeepers, etc) someone told them I was having a baby. Everyone was as excited and me and wanted to talk about it and ask a bunch of questions. And I just wanted to sit and talk all about it. But unfortunately, Labor& Delivery was busy, so both units were getting admissions left and right. I realized I shouldn't have told people at work, when I was actually working. At this point I was 6w1d and my boobs have been hurting for a few days. I feel better, that I'm starting to have a few symptoms, definitely a good sign. Waiting for morning sickness to set in.

No comments: