Wednesday, January 1, 2014
Thanksgiving
The week of Thanksgivng, I finally officially began working the night shift. I chose Thanksgiving as my holiday of choice to be off this year, as I definitely want to have Christmas off next year. So I came home from work Thursday morning (11/28), and slept until about 12:30. Then I got up and started peeling 10 pounds of potatos. I sat on the couch doing it, and it only took me about 30 mins. When I stood up, I had an awful pain under my left shoulder blade. I was so disappointed. It's the same pain that usually accompanies my severe neck aches. And although the in the shoulder was worse if I turned me neck very far, my neck itself didn't hurt, so for that I was thankful.
We went to Angie and Mark's house about 4pm, and ate dinner about 5pm. April, Josh, and the girls drove down from Jacksonville, and Nanny, and Dad were there too. We had lots of yummy food. I tried to use portion control, but it was very hard. Mark made his version of scalloped sweet potatoes that I love, and homemade Macadamia Nut Pie (similar to Pecan Pie). Even though I said I wasn't going to do the dishes since my shoulder was hurting so bad, I still wound up doing them. After that I was pretty tired out and ready to go home. We sent Josh home with some leftovers, and April and the girls stayed with us until Sunday. Sally had been at Suzie's house since earlier in the week, to spend Thanksgiving with her, her husband George, and Stevie and his boys, Jake & Jesse. Suzie & George brought her home on Friday. So April and her girls, and me and my boys drove over to Sally's to visit with them.
Sashi started kindergarten this year, so I gave her some educational books for her birthday this year. Her birthday is 11/26, so sometimes it even falls on Thanksgiving. April says she'd been having some trouble learning her letters at first, but as we read one of the books together, I could see that she has already made progress, and can read some words from memory, and able to sound out other simple words.
I'll try to post a short video clip of Addy singing "No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed". She is rambunctious, and full of energy. She only seems to nap very late in the day, and mostly if we are in the car driving:(
The Monday after Thanksgiving I had another OB appt. I was 22 weeks. My BP was good, and weight was 174, only up 2 pounds since last month! That was a surprise since Thanksgiving was De-lish!
The next day I had my 1st nursing call from RN Connie. She is part of my insurance company's program called Pregnancy Management. She will call me every 6 weeks or so until I deliver, and once afterwards. If I remain in the program and take a survery after, I'll get a VISA gift card for $25. Plus I get a free of book of my choice now. I chose one on breastfeeding. The phone call was about an hour, she asked a lot of questions about my medical history with this pregnancy, etc. And offered lots of generic advise/info on everything from anemia, depression, warning signs of pre-eclampsia, etc. I won't turn down free stuff. It reminds me, I need to sign up for the Publix Baby Club.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment