Saturday, January 24, 2009

DESPERATELY SEEKING SOME BABIES

So, we have been trying to get pregnant since November 2007, with no luck. For months I wasn't even having a period, which they said can happen after having been on the birth control patch for several years. After 6 months my doctor started me on Clomid, a drug to make me ovulate. Nothing. So I met with him again last week, and he is referring me to a doctor at Shands Hospital in Gainesville. My doc says he will probably prescribe a drug called Pergonal, that I will have to inject myself with, for a week or two every month. Then about one week a month I will have to go to his office for ultrasounds everyday or every other day. I am so stressed out how I am going to manage all those appointments, around my work schedule. Not to mention infertility treatments aren't covered by my insurance. I have a friend that used to live here that was a patient of Dr. Johnson's (my doc here in Ocala) also, who had several kids and had trouble getting pregnant with her 3rd. She also went to Dr. William's in G'ville and was part of a study he was doing at that time, so her meds were free. Also at one point he did a laparotomy, (surgery where they make small incisions and explore what's going on) and found endometriosis, so he could bill the labs and ultrasounds as relating to that diagnosis rather than just infertility. So her insurance paid the normal 80%. I go see Dr. William's on Feb. 9th. So I hope he'll have some encouraging news.
In the mean time my friend Lisa, is having twins, and I can't wait to find out their gender next month. And I have made a new friend, Jenn. She has been one of my patients since Wednesday, and she has 3 week old twin girls that are adorable. I hooked her up and got her a bigger room, so she promises to name the next girl after me. When I clock out each night, I go visit with her and she lets me hold the babies. One can be a little hard to feed, and I got her to drink her whole bottle! I must have the touch. Her husband, James, does welding, and Justin is familiar with the company he works for. And apparently he loves hunting and fishing and BBQ ribs, too! Small world, huh? We had 2 more sets of twins born this week, and Lisa says, she'll be the 7th set in the Gainesville wards in the last year! Ya know, I'm not greedy, I'll settle for just one. Well, I think me and Cameron are gonna go see Bride Wars, so later!!!

2 comments:

The Boohers said...

Yay, you're helping the twins of the world. At least every time you come to Gainesville, we can go thrift store shopping afterward to relieve stress.

Meri said...

Aimee--

I didn't even know that you guys were trying. Good luck with all of this stuff. Ugh! I really wish it could just be easy for you. Soon! Soon! That baby ache is a mean gnarling in your heart feeling.