Saturday, February 7, 2009
Good Deed Doers!
Last Sunday me, Justin, the boys, and Angie met over at Nanny's (grandma Emiy's house) to do some yard work. Justin got up on the roof with the leaf blower to clean out the gutters. He let Cameron and Cody climb up and help him, which made Nanny nervous. She didn't know they were old pros at roof walking. And the pitch on her house is practically flat compared to ours. Meanwhile us 'girls' were on the ground trimming the citrus trees. Eventually the boys came down to help us. Cody helped by clipping the long branches into smaller pieces, to fit into the trash cans. And Cameron tried separating the good fruit from the rotten ones, off the branches we'd cut off. Once Justin came over to help us, the Satsuma tree got a real 'haircut'. The limbs were so big we filled up the back of the pickup truck. Then we even raked up all the leaves under the trees. So we filled up about 3 garbage cans, 2 bags, and a whole truck! When we finished we came inside for a yummy dinner of beef pot roast with potaotes, carrots, and celery that Nanny had made in her new crock pot, that my Dad had given her for Christmas. Da-lish! And of course Nanny had made a yummy dessert of Lemon cupcakes with white frosting. (I ate some for breakfast the next morning!) Then Angie took Nanny over to her house to watch the Super Bowl. Justin wasn't very interested in watching it (though it actually turned out to be close game), so went home and got cleaned up, and went to the movies. We saw Hotel for Dogs. It was cute. It's funny because I just found the book at a thrift store last week, too. I had taken my camera to Nanny's house, but I forgot to take before and after pictures. So next time I go, I will get the 'after' pictures and you can just imagine the 'before'!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am sure your Nanny appreciated your hard work. It is also good for the kids to learn to serve others. You are Good Deed Doers!!
Post a Comment