Thursday, April 1, 2010
If I Was a Horse....
You'd have to shoot me, because I've got 2 bum legs now. Let's start at the beginning... So I don't exactly 'Heart' the elliptical anymore, that was short lived (just 19 glorious days). I've taken a 6 week vacay from exercising, but am now feeling renewed again about working out. I do intend to go back to the elliptical but at a different gym. The one I go to now is owned by the hospital I work for, but is so crowded with these freaking skinny people hogging the machines. Plus most of us work the same shifts, so we are all trying to work out at the same time. So I think I'm going to try a new gym that is open later, and offers tanning (as my reward). But in the mean time I've decided I'd start walking/jogging around my neighborhood or this loop down the road. I prefer the loop because it's a sidewalk around a retention area, (it even has benches and a water fountain) so I feel safer about my kids riding their bikes ahead of me if they come with me. Plus the weather is still cool enough in the evenings, and the sunlight is lasting longer. So I put on my iPod and away I go. Now, a runner, I am NOT. But I like to sprint for 50-100 yards. Well, I'm getting awful shin splints, and can barely walk at all now. At first I thought it was because I am out of shape, lord knows I wasn't this heavy the last time I began a jogging routine. But it has only gotten worse the more I do it. So I hope it is just my cheap shoes, and crummy arch support. I got some $$$ for my birthday, so I'm gonna buy some decent running shoes. I hope that helps, because I'm motivated to excersice right now, & who knows how long this will last? Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
No, we won't shoot you. We love you too much for that. That loop is a good place to walk. I have been walking quite a bit here in Jenny's neighborhood, going to little places to get things we need and gathering pinecones to ship home for my new wreath. I had to wear Jenny's shoes since I didn't bring mine, and I must say-----a good pair of shoes makes a big difference. I think running shoes give more support even if you are walking.
Post a Comment