Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Charliss Janet Daniels Jennings

A few days after I saw Granny, she got a little better. Suzie got the RN's to give Granny her Xanax around 7pm, and only half the smallest dose. That way she got sleepy and calmed down about the time Suzie left each night. Also, giving the medicine earlier in the evening, helped her not to be sleepy all the next day. She got to wear she was more awake, sat in the chair for a while one day, and initiated feeding herself. Then Wednesday, January 30th, Suzie said she was back sliding some. She also said that after multiple calls & putting $35 in her bank account, to cover gas, Sally still hadn't called her back. She mentioned she was just going to have to drive up there to get her. I didn't want Suzie to do that. She has been spending 12 hours a day at the hospital with Granny, and hasn't been back to her house in Cape Coral in over a week. So as much as I hated to call Sally, I did. I left a message, and of course she called me back in 5 mins. She acted like she had been talking back & forth with Suzie, and she just figured I was calling, because Suzie wanted to make doubly sure that she knew what was going on with Granny. What pissed me off the most, was that she didn't even acknowledge that Suzie had given her $35 for gas money. Even though, I mentioned knowing she had it, when I left the message. She said, oh thank you for offering to take me down there, otherwise I just didn't know how I was going to make it down there. Of course when someone is willing to do all the work, not to mention she just pocketed Suzie's $35, she was ready and willing to go.

So we made plans to go down there, Friday, February 1st. Luckily she didn't aggravate me too much. I oicked her up about 10:30 and we got to Florida Hospital a little after 12pm. When we got there, Granny looked alright, feeding herself some lunch. She actually had been off by-pap since about 8 or 9am, which was the longest she'd been off it, since she was admitted. It was a really good sign. After about 45 mins, the 3 of us left, and got ourselves some lunch. Suzie treated us at a place called First Watch. I was good, kinda like a Perkins, but with healthier options. After we got back to Granny's room, we stayed another 2 hours. Unfortunately she started having BMs, several in a row. I went ahead and put on gloves and helped the RN get her cleaned up, as a lot of other staff was busy with another patient that was coding.

No comments: