Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Fun With Cousins - Tampa
Cody and I went down to Granny's again the weekend before last (Feb. 16-17). It was nice weather. Actually on the cold side, and the later it got, the colder & windier it was. We spent the night, and I told Phyllis I wouldn't be at church, so we wouldn't have to rush back Sunday morning. When we got there about noon on Saturday, Suzie's grandsons, Jake-11, and Jesse-9 were already in the backyard helping clean up. Suzie's friend, Debbie, had them raking and eventually all 3 boys got a turn to mow the lawn. Then we all raked and bagged leaves in the front yard. The boys got along so well, and exhibited such good manners. Jesse thanked me for helping them bag the leaves. I had brought snack bars, apples, and ingredients to make banana nut muffins. Suzie had the same idea, about eating frugally. She brought bread & lunch meat so we could make sandwiches for lunch. And spaghetti, garlic bread, and salad for dinner. I had to run out and get chocolate chips for the muffins, and asked if any boys wanted to come with me. Jake said he would, and off we went. After a VERY yummy dinner, the boys took turns showering while we cleaned up the kitchen. Then Jake & Jesse helped me make the muffins. Cody wasn't interested for some reason. Then it was late, so we went to bed. The next morning we had a smorgasboard of items, with the muffins being a big hit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment