Monday, January 28, 2013

Weekend Happenings

     Well, we've been taking our turns being a little sick around here. I think we are finally over the worst. Been an interesting weekend. Friday, I picked up my orthotic in-soles. The first day, my feet were a little sore, especially the left one. But I seem to be getting used to them pretty quick. Being on my feet all day at work, will be the real test. So we'll see.
     Saturday, Cameron and the Scouts went door-to-door selling the Flag Service in Bishop Thompson's neighborhood. The boys did well, and made about $1100. They'll have to dip into last years funds to pay the balance for Camp this year. But only having to work one neighborhood instead of 3, should make everyone a lot happier.
     Suzie called around 11am and said my Granny Charliss was in the hospital. She has pneumonia, and was getting worse, and she said the doctors didn't know what more they could do for her. So I decided to go see her while I had the chance. I called my dad, since he was here in Ocala, at Nanny Emily's house. We brought Cody, and the 3 of us got to Tampa about 5pm. She slept pretty much the whole time, she was very weak, and had to stay on by-pap, or she couldn't breathe. Suzie called and said, she's was a little more awake on Sunday, and this morning she was even feeding herself a little, tiny bit. She still needs by-pap to really breathe easily, but it's a good sign. It will be a long recovery I suspect. But I'm hopeful now. Meanwhile Cameron and Justin were in the woods, killing hogs, Saturday.
     Sunday we had some great talks in all our meetings. Especially in Relief Society. MarDean Davis presented Elder Uchtdorf's talk called Regrets & Resolutions. It got me thinking about how I don't take the time to be happy, now. For years, I waited to be happy until we had better jobs, and made more money. Then I thought I'd be so happy when we had our own house, and a second child. Recently I've wasted years thinking I'd be so happy when we had another baby. And the house, and the money, and having Cody, have given me great joy. And I know having another baby would bring me much happiness. But I need to be happy. Waiting for the next thing I want, kind of makes me unhappy in the mean time. I'm learning, somethings I want, I may never get, and I can't waste precious time longing for what I'm missing. I have much to be grateful for now, and I don't want to look back, and not be able to remember it. I want to strive harder to live in the moment. After all, getting everything you want, doesn't bring you happiness. Feeling loved, secure, and appreciated, by family, feeling like you matter to Heavenly Father, that's happiness. You have to make your own happiness.
     Then Sunday night, Justin and I went to the first Strenghening Your Marriage class. It will go for 8 weeks. I wasn't sure if Justin would actually come, but at the last minute he did. I just asked him to commit to at least 2 classes, and then we'd see. It was nice. Hopefully we'll learn some stuff. This last year has been very hard, and we are actually in a really good place now. I'm so happy for that, I love that guy so much. He is such a better person than me. Like the song, I know I'm "Hard to Love." But many years ago, when we really could've used a marriage class, the church never offered one. And I always said, if they ever had one, I'd go. My other secret reason, is to get Justin to church. Just to get him re-aquainted with some people in a more casual, smaller crowd, kind of situation. So we'll just have to wait and see.
     Lastly, Cameron had his Spelling Bee today, he earned 4th place. I'm so proud, especially since we forget to study the words, until late last night. The 3 who placed ahead of him, were all girls. So I guess he's really a smart Boy!

No comments: