What a long day! I went to the Chiropractor yesterday morning, and had a great massage by Jewell. Finally felt like someone was getting in there deep enough, and this neck pain might finally get better. Then I went to Staples to have a photo of the Orlando Temple, burned onto a CD, since my scanner wasn't working. After an hour they say they can't get it to work, but will email it to me for free. Then, off to Nanny Emily's to fix her TV that she can't seem to get to turn on. I fixed it in about 5 seconds. But still couldn't get her DVD player to turn on (there is now a blockbuster DVD stuck inside). Soooo... then she wanted me to hook up the BluRay player, I bought dad for Xmas. It didn't have the same input/output connectors as the DVD player. So after a million photos emailed to Justin, of the back of the TV/DVD/Cable box, he determines, it can't be hooked up without buying a new cord. So 2 hours later I leave to pickup Cody from school. Then I get stuck on my laptop for several hours trying to take the temple photo that Staples emailed me, and make it fit into a business card size template for magnets that I'm having made for the Relief Society Temple trip. It wouldn't fit because the photo was a square, and the magnet is a rectangle. So I decide to google temple pictures. SHOULD HAVE DONE THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE. Could've saved me a trip to Staples. The original 4x6 version of the same photo I wanted to use, was like the third one on the list. Copy, Paste, Bam! Then spent another little while figuring out the wording of the phrase I wanted printed on the bottom. Next thing I know, my neck is sure hurting. It's 7:30pm, and Justin's still not home. So I run to the store and get hotdogs and buns and come make dogs, and tater tots. And because I really love my husband, I made him Rice Krispie Treats!
We even had a short FHE lesson on Family History. We talked about the importance of learning about our ancestors, so we think of them as real people. That way we take our responsibility to do their temple work more seriously. I shared with the kids how I feel more ready to get doing the work for my Granny & PawPaw Jennings, now that both have passed away.
No comments:
Post a Comment