Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Baby Girl Dreams
So I think it's time I seriously consider the fact that this might be a boy, and make my peace now. I had only had 4-5 dreams, about the baby period, prior to the ultrasound, and the gender wasn't always made known. But I have had 3 dreams in a row that it was a baby girl, this week! The first was on Sunday night (11/10), I dreamed we had brought the baby home from the hospital, but for some reason we were at Angie's old house off 52nd street. The furniture was all different, but her and Mark lived there now. All my family was there, taking turns holding the baby, and I realized I didn't know her name. We hadn't named her. I thought, how would the hospital have let us leave without signing the birth certificate and picking a name. So I looked on her Discharge Teaching papers, to see if there was a name somewhere, but there wasn't. However, I did notice that at some point she'd had a blood sugar of 15! and was on hypoglycemic protocol. I was supposed to be feeding her special higher calorie formula. I was so mad, thinking how come no one actually talked to me about any of this? And I noticed her birth weight was 8#11oz. She better not be any bigger than that in real life! The next night, Monday (11/11) I dreamed I was in the delivery room, the baby was just born, and it was big, it had blonde/brown hair. We looked down at it's little naked body, and saw it was a little girl. And I said, "See, just like in my dreams!" Then last night, Tuesday (11/12) I dreamed I came into L&D because I thought I was in Labor, I was so excited. For some reason, Sam & Ashley Almengor were there, visiting us I guess. I was so excited for them to tell me how dilated I was, until I looked down and noticed my belly wasn't the size of a full term belly. Then I remember I was only 20 weeks along. I said, "Wait, I can't be in labor, it's too early, the baby won't survive, you have to stop it." The nurse said I wasn't in active labor anyway, but she wanted to do an U/S just to check on baby. It was kind of like a 3D-animation image of the baby. And while we were looking, we accidently saw the girl parts. And I was so excited! She already had a head full of long, black hair. I think I dreamed that one because Justin asked my the other day, what's the earliest a baby could be delivered and still survive. I told him 24 weeks is considered the earliest, but they don't always make it.
I don't know if I dream it's a girl because that's what I'm hoping for (probably) or if it's some actual mother's intuition. I can't help but feel from the moment I took the pregnancy test, that it was a girl. I feel it stronger than I did with the boys. And although my friend Ashley really wanted a boy (after 3 girls) she really felt like it was a girl. She also waited till it was born to find out, and she was right, another girl. She said that waiting to find out helped her not feel sad that it wasn't the gender they were hoping for. Because she just fell in love instantly. When she found out her 3rd was a girl, during the U/S, she actually cried, and then felt let down the rest of the pregnancy. I don't want to feel that way. (Although, when I said something to Justin about this being our last one, he said, "I never said that.') My plan is to fall in love at first sight when it's born, but I need to remind myself, and invision a little boy, a little more often.
Most people assume I want a girl, because I have 2 boys, and of course those close to me know that's what we'd like. So everyone at work has been referring to the baby as Piper from day one (except Melanie who calls it Olivia, because I mentioned I liked that name, and it's her daughter's name). So I told them today, I better start calling it a boy name part of the time, so I'm won't be in shock if it's a boy. Sandra suggested a manly name like Brutus, or Gustafson. I said, like the brand of milk. She goes, "I mean Gustov, like on Beauty & the Beast." I said I don't think that was his name. Then Kim remembered it was Gaston. So she called him Gaston the rest of the day!
Another exciting milestone, is that Justin and the boys felt the baby move for the first time, Sunday night. Earlier that day, before we went to church I was sitting on the couch watching TV, with one knee bent and kind of pinned against me. I noticed the baby kicking very low, and tried to see if I could feel it with my own hand, and I could! So Cody was near by, and I had him put his hand there, to see if he could feel it too. He said he could, but I don't know if he really did;) Later that night I was sitting in the same position, and got some very strong kicks in the same spot. Cameron ran over first and felt it. Then Justin said move over, my turn. Then Cody took his turn again. They all thought it was some pretty strong kicks, and couldn't believe how wild baby is.
I made myself exercise today, since it was such nice weather...
Prenatal Yoga...I've been doing the Stretch and Stability Class at Lifetime that replaces the old Yoga-lates class they offered last quarter. It's similar, but this instructor, Brandon, has us doing more abominal core and isometric exercises. I try to just do what I'm able to since, my belly is getting bigger. I figure maybe it'll help a little having somewhat toned ab muscles. And we don't spend long periods flat on our back, so I'm not to worried about poor circulation at this point. But this past Tuesday night (11/12) I went to a Prenatal Yoga class offered at the place where I'm going to have the 3D U/S. It only meets on Tuesday nights, and that was my last chance to be off that night, before I start night shift. Plus your first class is free. So I went, and had a great time. There was only one other pregnant girl, who was 20 weeks along too. She mentioned working at Shands L&D for a while. The instructor, Maureen, was super nice and very informative. She mentioned she's a massage therapist also, and gives 60 minute Pregnancy massages for only $45. Sold!! I'll have to plan on making some appointments.
The weather so nice and cool Wednesday, I made myself get out and ride my bike around the neighborhood after my regular yoga class. It was so windy, it was almost too cold, until I made a few laps. It sure beats the heat & humidity from this summer! I really hope to keep my weight under control. I've started being more diligent in tracking my calories in the My Fitness Pal app, again. I've set it for 1600 calories per day. Which doesn't sound like much, but if most of it is from healthy foods and snacks I think I'll be fine. I ran across an article that I'd read earlier, that said you really don't need the extra 300 calories per day, until your last trimester. So for now I'm working hard to try to make healthy choices, and especially to exercise more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment