Wednesday, November 6, 2013

What's New

The kids got their report cards Friday, 10/25. Cameron has A's & B's except for a D in science. Which is surprising since we checked his grades on the parent portal, and a week or so ago it was a 79, which is one point away from a B. He says that the teacher told him that as of right now though, in the new quarter, he has a 91%.  Cody has 2 A's and the rest are B's, so far so good.
Justin left Friday morning, for South Carolina to hunt, and won't be back until late Tuesday night. I hope he truly understands how much more I'll need him around next year after the baby is born. As it stands right now, most Saturdays he gets up early and hunts or golfs, (because we all sleep in, and won't miss him anyway, he says) but is gone until at least 2pm. Or if he hangs out and takes us to breakfast, he does his activity in the afternoon until the evening. Sundays the boys and I go to church from 1p-4p, and of course we don't do anything before we go. So Justin gets to do whatever he wants almost the whole day on Sunday. I don't complain too much, other than I miss him and want to spend time with him. Because the kids are older and I don't need his help to "take care of them". But next year, we will have a baby, that I will need help with, and want a break from once in a while. And I don't want to resent him for not being around enough to help me.
He has been on my case trying to convince, threaten, cajole, and bribe me into letting him find out the baby's gender next week, when go for the ultrasound. I think I've decided to have the tech look at the private parts and not announce what they are, and allow Justin to look and see if he can tell. If it's a boy, it should be pretty obvious, we've seen 2 of those before. And the baby will big enough, that the parts should be well developed. I told him to Google ultrasound images of "boy parts" and "girl parts" and "study" up so he can be prepared. He did, but didn't sound too confident in his skills. Too bad, that's my compromise! I have been sick since Monday. It started with just an occassional congested cough. Tuesday I ran around all day! 9am I went to the dentist for a cleaning. I had a few minutes to spare when I was done, so I ran into the new Burlington Coat Factory to look for maternity dresses. They only had 3-4 stlyes, I wasn't impressed. But I did get 3 shirts for $6-7 each. My friend TC Sapp, has lent me a ton of maternity clothes, but I want to have a few things of my own to keep, for after the baby is born and I'm still in between sizes. Then, at 11am, I went to see Krista for a pedicure and brow wax. Yeah, now I have pretty pink toes! Then I rushed over to Rochelle's house to pick up a bag of baby things she's giving me. A Boppy I just need a new cover if this is a boy!), crib sheets, a food masher, and plastic mattress protector pads. Then at 1pm, I rush to Heather Cox's house for a Primary Presidency Meeting. By the time that was over, it was 2pm, and I had about an hour to kill before my dad was going to come over. So I ran through Burger King and got me and the kids some food (they were off school for teaching planning) and they took a 30 mins power nap. I woke up and my headache was gone, but I still felt run down. I took my dad over to Best Buy where he decided to buy a laptop, that he can't even use until he get internet hooked up Nanny's. Then we went to Sam's and got his Mega supply of Keurig K-packs, and some other stuff. He wanted to buy steaks for Justin, me, Andy, & Cheryl as a thank you for Andy and Justin helping him put the tarp on his roof last month. By the time we got home it was almost time for me to go to Bunco. It was at Dina's house way out in Lake Diamond in Silver Spring Shores. But the end of the night, I was exhausted, coughing, my entire body ached and I had a raging headache! So Wednesday, I referred to my list of meds that are safe to take during pregnancy and headed to Publix. I had to get a version of plain Sudafed that they only sell behind the pharmacy counter, and plain Robitussin. I wasn't excited to be taking much medicine, but it did seem to help the nasal congestion. I also started a regimine of vitamin C, garlic extract, and even found a Lemon Ginger tea, with probiotics. Each day I felt a little better. By Sunday, I decided not to take anymore meds and see how I did. The chest congestion is still there, but even when I took the expectorant, I wasn't producing much phelgm. So if figured why take it for nothing. I'm a little paranoid, all these meds will hurt the baby. I listened for the baby's heartbeat on Friday, and it was steady, so that was comforting.

No comments: