Saturday, November 19, 2011

In the Here and Now

So, I've been missing from the Blog Scene a while. 369 days, but who's counting. A record even for me. I tend to get behind, and because I love things to be in chronological order I tend not to post at all. I vow to start posting again, even it's it random. Another thing that keeps me from posting, is being lazy about taking the time to upload the pictures that go with posts. I will work on being better about that too. So after that brief disclaimer... THIS IS WHERE WE ARE NOW....

I had my wisdom teeth removed on November 4th. I am STILL recovering.  My upper molars where exposed so those have healed easily, just like when my baby teeth fell out. The bottoms were both impacted and he cut the gum to get them out. All the molars I still have, hurt now. Like to the root. Like when you have braces trying shift teeth around. I had dry sockets packed on day 3 post-op and day 10. I'm on day 15, and still having major sensitivity, especially on one side, and some sharp pains in my ears, tightness in my jaw. Sometimes it's just twinges, sometimes it goes on for hours. Mostly seems to be after eating solid food, even though I try chewing small bites carefully. It's like my jaw and lower gums get fatigued from all the chewing. If I had to imagine a broken jaw, I think it'd feel like this. Sometimes I'm okay, sometimes, the pain radiates for hours. At all 3 follow up visits I've had with the oral surgeon, he has said the gum tissue is not inflamed and I'm doing a good job keeping it clean and free off food. It's sound like everything is going as it should, my sensitivity to air and temperature seems to be taking longer than most people though. If I had known I would heal like this, I wouldn't have done it so close to the holidays. I'm so sick of soup and mashed potatoes.

In other news Cody just finished his Bowling League today. It started back in August and lasted 14 weeks. He had an average score of 91, and a high score of 127! Their team was called Banana Warriors. One of the mom made shirts, with a banana wearing a ninja costume. Pretty cute! Their were 4 boys on the team, and I had fun getting to know them and their families. Since this was the last day, one mom made homemade cupcakes that were De-lish!!

Another exciting event was Friday morning (11/18) at 12:15am. That's right, I was at the theatre seeing the first showing of Breaking Dawn - part one. It was awesome! It was done so well, one of my favorite movies of the series. I went with my girlfriends Patty and Laura, as we have every year. But this time we had a new pal, Brittany, that had never been to a midnight showing. She is a new nurse who just transferred to our unit a few months ago. She is genuinely sweet and we all really like her. It's been a long time since I hung out with Laura and Patty. I love these girls and have missed them. It was a much needed fun night out for me, especially with the aforementioned mouth pain of late:-]

Speaking of movies: while waiting for the Twilight movie to start, we saw a preview for The Hunger Games. It actually was a book first, also. There are 3 in the series. It's Teen/Young Adult but I really liked it. I guess it's obvious that I like that genre. I read things like Twilight and Harry Potter. It brings up a lot of moral dilemmas, like kids being forced to kill for food and survival, and the role a totalitarian gov't plays in it. Teen fiction is usually synonymous with romance or unrequited love. I had read the series a year or so ago, and Aunt Jenny gave Cameron the boxed set for his birthday. I had to read the first few chapters to him, to get him interested, but now he's into it. In fact the whole family has been listening each night as I read it out loud. It's been fun. I think this will be the longest book he's read. He'll get 15 AR points when he takes the test at school. That's a lot, so if he finishes the series, he'll have met his goal for the year in just a few months. The movie comes out March 23rd, so I know what I'll be doing for my birthday...

No comments: