Thursday, August 5, 2010

Aquatica (July 3rd)

We (me and the Boyz) got to spend the day at Seaworld's water park, Aquatica, for FREE! Julie, Robbie, and kids came to visit last week. They had passes for Seaworld and Aquatica that they could use everyday for 2 weeks. They left them with us, and we used them to get in for free. I had to be Julie, Cameron had to pretend he was Carter, who is 9, and Cody had to be Braydon, who is also 7. No sweat, we practiced names and birthdays in the car on the way there. I thought the authorities might bust me with Cameron since he's so tall and almost 12. But it was Cody they questioned. The ticket girl asked, "What's your name?" Cody paused to think so long, I finally said, "Braydon, tell her your name." He said Braydon, and that was it, crisis averted, we were on our way!
We discovered a circular river (not to confused with a "lazy river" like at some other theme parks). It was SO fun, it had quite a fast current that shoved you along. About halfway thru the day we began to use it was a mode of transportation. It was in the center of the park, so rather than walk, we would "Ride the River" to the other slides or places to eat, etc. The boys thought it was the greatest idea I ever had. We got there about 1pm, because I wasn't sure they would let us in, and I was reluctant to get up early on a Saturday if it was possibly a wasted venture. But we stayed till 9pm when it closed, wishing we had more time. Definitely want to go again. It was cloudy most of the day, so no one got sunburned, and when it threatened rain at about 5 o'clock, quite a few people left.
Cameron bravely went down the water slide that goes thru the Dolphin Tank, alone. Cody wouldn't go so I had stay with him. This look of Pride is because he was victorious over his fear!


I did trick them both into going on a slide face first on a foam mat (like the ones they have at fairgrounds). Since I had to push Cody down, I missed my turn and had to go a few minutes after the boys. He was waiting for me at the bottom, with his arms folded and a 'not happy look' on his face. We tried to focus on the positives, that he survived, and it was thrilling, and he survived, and it was over, and he survived! We wished Dad had come, too. We're going to talk him into it next time!

I bought a wrist band for $20 that allowed me to eat as much as I wanted at one of the restaurants all day long. I wasn't sure if it would work, but I tried it anyway. I had the kids sit outside at the table, and I loaded up 2 plates. I was able to feed the boys, too, so it was great! Cameron even ate a pulled pork sandwich. They had a pretty good variety. We ate there twice, so I felt I got my moneys worth!

This is them at dusk still playing hard. The 'little kid area" was like another whole park. It was great! They stayed in a confined area while I rested.

Thanks, Coots, for a Super Fun Day!

No comments: