Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Very Busy Fourth! (July 4th)

First, we spent the afternoon bowling with our friends from Dunellon: The Hytovicks (Cheryl, Andy, and Brittany) and the Roofs (Stu, Jo(sephine), Logan, and Myah). I think Justin won a game, and then Andy won the second one.  The kids had their own lane, with bumpers, and it was a close game.
Later, we went to the fairgrounds for "Ocala God & Country Day". Since it was only 5pm we walked around and ate yummy 'Fair Food' and the kids road a few rides, bouce house, etc. I had a funnel cake: yum, fried plaintains: not the best I've had, and mint chocolate chip ice cream: I got full and gave the rest to Jo. Justin remembered it was someone's favorite, although it was hers and not mine. With all do respect, I haven't met an ice cream I didn't like. About 9pm they put on an awesome fireworks show for about 30 mins. They were really huge and colorful, the best I've ever seen in person. We had great day. The best part was it was only $2 to park. So we got to skip out on the expense and next day clean up!



No comments: