My Dad and 2 sisters came to Ocala for the weekend to celebrate our grandmother's 89th birthday! Go Nanny! I had given her a set of six movies, and later found out there were 2 more. Along the way I gave her the eighth, but had a hard time finding the seventh one. I finally found it and gave it to her for her birthday. The series is based on books, by Janette Oke, with the same name. I call them the "Love Comes Softly" series. Good movies with Family/Christian themes. We also sort of celebrated Justin's, Cody's, Chase's, Cameron's and Angie's birthdays, which fall between June 27th and August1st. My Dad gave Cody, Cameron, and Justin the rare coins I mentioned in Cody's birthday post. While they were here, the men went to a gun show. They found a gun for Cameron, so my Dad went ahead and bought it as an early Christmas present. I think it's a .22. Actually it's in my name. The boys called me to come register it in my name because there is a 3 day waiting period, and my Dad wouldn't still be in town by the time it could be picked up. And Justin couldn't have it in his name because his driver's license is expired. So me, who knows nothing about guns, is now the proud owner of one! Way to go gun laws! I think you should be made to prove you've taken a gun safety course or something...
Anyhoo, My Dad gave Angie a nice diver's watch made by Invicta, that she can wear when sailing with Mark. And he gave Nanny a NuWave Oven. He got a deal on a refurbished one for me too. So he sent us shopping for a ton of food to cook in it. We used both cookers and made a porkloin and carrots and potatoes in one. And huge sirloin steak with asparagus and mushrooms in the other. It was all delicious. And it really did cook all that food in less than an hour. We will have to keep tweaking the times and how we layer the food, but I think it'll be very handy. Especially when you need to cook something frozen. No thawing will be such a time saver! Thanks, Dad!
While the sisters were together, we went to see Eclipse! Justin baby sat Sashi for us so we could go to a late showing one night! Here a few random pix from the weekend:
 |
| Isn't Sashi so cute? I can hardly ever capture a smile though. |
 |
| Only my 2nd time seeing Eclipse;) |
 |
Breakfast at IHOP. Cody likes to put coffee creamer in his hot chocolate. I used to like to drink them when I was little too!
I managed to steal a smile, but notice she wouldn't look at me.
This sitter drew a chalk line of Cody. I think it's supposed to have Bunny Ears.
I call them devil ears. Diablo Cody. That is actually a person's name!
And drum roll please....... April is pregnant!!!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment