Wednesday, August 4, 2010

First Day out on the Lake (May 2nd)


It's Officially Summer! We took the boat out to Lake Weir for some tubing. I barely survived. The boys, like me, are nervous about any water they can't see the bottom of (plus I worry about amoebas, but that's another story). So I agree to go out on the tube with Cameron. Justin pulls the tube next to the boat and Cameron hops on it. It's starts to move away and I wait for Justin to pull the tube back. He looks at me like I'm ridiculous and says, jump in. So I sort of belly flop into the water, and swim over to the tube. Because I am so hefty, and I and wearing a life jacket that is too loose, and I can't get enough leverage to pull myself up. My arms are too short to reach the handles on the one side of the tube so I can pull myself across. Meanwhile my family is laughing at me. So I told Cameron to lay across the tube on his belly and to hold onto the handles. I then used him as a human ladder and eventually climbed up his body onto the tube. Then let fun begin. Daddy promises not to go too fast... but he does, in serpentine patterns. We fall off. Me and Cody switch places and Daddy takes off again. This time w/out the extra girth the tube flips right over and the boys fall into the water screaming. They temporarily forgot the could swim AND were wearing life jackets. Eventually we gave up on tubing and shored up on one of the few public beaches.

By strange coincidence we see Cody's friend from last year (kindergarten), Darian.

The boys played on tube

And collected Mullosks


As the sun started to set, we moved over to some lily pads so the boys could fish...



<><><><><><><><>
<>
<><><><><><><><>

1 comment:

Joyce said...

So happy to see all these cool updates. Keep it going, girl! Love you guys!