Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Road Trip to TN!

We left on Sunday, July 25th. I made it there in record time, about 9hrs and 45mins! When I drive, especially when it's just me and the kids, we don't stop. We eat breakfast a the beginning of the journey, didn't stop till we were in GA, and the got lunch just past Atlanta. Two more potty breaks and we were there. That's how ya do it folks. I prefer to stop only at official rest stops for bathroom breaks, so you can get in and out quick, then I planned meal time to be when we needed to re-fuel. A bag of snacks, and a cooler of drinks kept us satisfied until then. My iPod and the kids' DVD player kept us entertained.
When we arrived Sunday night Julie and her 3 kids were at Nana & Papa's to welcome us too. We all went for a night time swim. The water was so warm it felt like a hot tub! Julie gave me her old bathing suit . It's red and called a Miracle Suit. It SURE IS!

On Wednesday Papa took my boys to Bowling Green (BG) and picked up Julie's boys and they all went to Mammoth Caves. The boys said it was so fun! Papa bought them each a hat that said Mammoth Caves, and a little trinket. Cody was a little sad because they had a machine that makes a souvenir penny, but he didn't get to make one. I had told him the night before that a place like that probably wouldn't have that machine. What was I thinking? Mom and I drove up that afternoon and we went to lunch at Panera's. Just the girls, then we went to Shoe Carnival and I got 2 pairs of tennis shoes, and Molly got some light up shoes. Then Joyce and I visited Julie's Goodwill. Julie went the day before and didn't find anything good. We just think she doesn't know what to look for. I found some more of the white saucers/plates and teacups/mugs like Mom has decorated with. Then Mom and Dad drove back to Nashville and me and my boys spent the night at Julie's. Robbie had to spend the night at girls' camp, so we let the boys stay up late and play. The grown-ups had yummy Japanese take out. And the kids had frozen pizza, cooked to varying degrees of doneness! Then we took the kids out for ice cream at Baskin Robbins. We came home and they had their showers and we played a kid version of Cranium. All the kids seemed to enjoy that, even Molly!
Molly's New Haircut!

The next day was Thursday, and we had hoped to have Julie's friend Amy, do a photo session of all 5 grand kids to surprise Mom and Dad with. But it didn't work out. So we decided to take the kids over to a water park. Boy was it fun. Cheap admission, cheap concession, and lots of Cold Water.  It was so nice to relax and hang out. It was big enough that the kids had a lot to do, but small enough that you can see almost the entire place from whereever you are. So the boys could go on the slides by themselves and we just kept Molly with us. I told Julie it was one of the funnest days I've ever had. 

Braydon, Cody, and Carter

Molly (eating Oreos!)

The boys mostly just liked the red slide. The blue one is a closed tunnel and that was too dark. Everyone (even moms) went on the slide at least once (well, except Molly). Braydon and Cameron seemed the bravest. They even jumped off diving boards. Cody and the moms did, too, eventually. Cameron kept trying to convince Carter to go down the water slide. Finally about and hour before we left, he did. Then that's all they did, over and over again.


A rare, genuine smile!



(That's all for now-I'll finish this post later)


No comments: